IDENTIFY. DEVELOP. REWARD
2013 saw the birth of NUCO Academy, where 4 lucky students were hand-picked to become NUCO Riders, and have represented the company at UK events throughout the year.
Last year we invested over £10,000 into the Academy, as we believe it is extremely important to support the grass roots of the sport we all live and breathe. The motivation behind the NUCO Riders programme is to give more mountain time to UK students who show great potential and excellence within snowsports. We aim to identify individuals with genuine potential, help develop their skills, making success as achievable as possible, and reward their time and hard work involved in this process.
We would like to thank all of our teams from 2013 – present day for their continued hard work, and congratulate them for the numerous podium positions they achieved at BUISC and BUDS. Going forward the Academy will always have 8 riders making up the team, 4 new members each year.
Riders receive the following benefits from the NUCO Academy:
- Limited edition Oakley Academy jacket
- Being sponsored can attract attention and bigger future sponsorship potential
- Services of our media team who followed the Riders in resort, helping them build their portfolio and document their skills.
- Free riding time in the Alps including travel, accommodation, ski pass and coaching.
- Riding/coaching at UK Academy events
- Support from our partners including Sungod and Red Bull